Yitiaoxiang Mosque is located in the center of Zhujiang Town in Pukou district, Nanjing City, Jiangsu Province. The mosque is named after the lane where it is located. Covering an area of 160 square meters, Yitiaoxiang Mosque was originally built before 1929. The mosque was consisted of the main building of prayer halls, bathroom, kitchen, funeral room and a well. An imam was appointed to work at Yitiaoxiang Mosque to serve over 1,000 Muslims at the time. Unfortunately, the mosque was illegally occupied and converted into residential buildings in the 1950.
By the time it was returned to the Pukou District Islamic Association in 2001, the mosque was in very poor condition. Repairs and reconstruction work ultimately got underway 7 years after that. Today Yitiaoxiang Mosque is restored and much expanded, making great contribution to the local Muslim community.