Qiaomen Mosque is located in Lanzhou’s Muslim district Qiaomen Alley and is one of Lanzhou’s earliest six mosques located on Zhongshan Road. Legend has it that it was built during the reign of Hongwu in the Ming Dynasty (1372). As early as the Ming Dynasty, there was a simple mosque in Qiaomen Alley. During the reign of Kangxi in the Qing Dynasty (1662-1722), Liu Boyang, a local Muslim, donated 5,333 square meters of land to the temple. He worked hard with his son Liu Jizong, along with dedicated local Muslims the mosque was gradually expanded. The mosque was officially expanded in 1722 during the reign of Kangxi and inscribed on the ridge purlin of the main hall.