Jinjiayao Mosque is a major mosque under the protection of historical buildings in Tianjin. First built in 1574 during the ruling reign of the Wanli Emperor in the Ming dynasty, it is one of the oldest mosques in Tianjin. At present in the mosque, there are 3 Islamic scholars. Over 7 classical Arabic texts and over 20 classical Persian texts are well preserved including the famous Tianjin Jinjiayao Mosque Tablet composed by Dai Degui in 1927.
Established by a group of roaming Muslims from Anhui Province, this mosque had been repaired and enlarged on five separate occasions to accommodate the area's steadily increasing Muslim population. The most recent renovation was completed in 2002, with a construction area of over 2,000 square meters.
Constructed in the classical Chinese palace style, Jinjiayao Mosque is the oldest Hui community in Tianjin and has been made great contribution to the local Muslim community.